Saturday, June 23, 2007

welcome to our blog!!

We are thrilled to be starting this blog about our summer eating experiences. Yesterday we went to the farm and got:

lettuce
cucumber
dill
basil
cilantro
broccoli
spinach
kale
salad mix
and u-pick snap peas, sugar peas, and shell peas

It smelled sooo good in the distribution shed... like a delicious mix of dill and basil.


Then we went to Silver Queen Farms and picked strawberries... about 14 pounds of jewels!


Check in later this week to read what we did with the produce! We will include some recipes!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used some parsley that Jamie gave me from her CSA share to top off my eggplant parmesean!! It was delicioso!!! Thanks Jamie!

Anonymous said...

Also, I forgot to mention... I too went to Silver Queen, but only got 5 pounds of jewels. In any case, Jamie gave me a super yummy recipe for shortbread to go with my strawberries. So, if you want to make super yummy shortcake hit up Jamie for the recipe!!